Applicants are required to submit a letter of intent, to the attention of the Board of Directors, Toronto Heliconian Club, outlining the following:
- Requested date(s) and time(s)
- Flexibility of date(s) and time(s)
- General activity of rental and the people involved (i.e. fundraising concert by a children’s choir)
- Purpose of event (i.e. raise money for community music program)
- A brief outline of the funding sources for the event (grants, sponsors, personal investment, etc.)
- A brief outline of the advertising plan
- Concise information about the artist or organization
- Reason(s) for choosing Heliconian Hall as the venue
Applications are due January 15 and September 15 of each year. Applications received between the two deadlines will be kept until the proceeding deadline, and will not be considered or decided upon in the interim. Rental dates cannot be held during deliberation without a deposit that will not be refunded if the application is unsuccessful. As a result, if the applicant cannot afford the venue without the Heliconian Club’s support, it would be best to apply well in advance of the event and book the date once success of the application has been confirmed.
Individuals and Organizations are eligible to apply. This includes Toronto Heliconian Club members and members of the public-at-large. Applicants are only able to receive a reduced rental rate once every three years, so if the applicant was previously granted a subsidized rental that occurred within three years of the requested date, the application will be ineligible and will not be considered. After support has been granted, the individual or organization will be required to sign an event license agreement before the rental period, accepting the rules of the use of the space.
Successful applicants must acknowledge the support of the Toronto Heliconian Club on their programmes and printed and digital promotional material.
~ February 19, 2014